Grace & Favor – A Life Worth Living

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Luncheon Table

Last week I had a few friends in for a Christmas luncheon.  The menu was simple, I have a tendency to over think and over serve with my menus so I decided that I was going to enjoy the company of my friends rather than spend my time in the kitchen getting courses ready for those sitting at the table.

The menu was a beautiful ham and cheese quiche, cranberry chutney, a spinach salad with dried cranberries and feta and for dessert I did a Christmas platter with a variety of cheeses, fruit slices and butter cookies with a raspberry filling.


My choice of dishes for this luncheon were my Lenox Winter Greetings.


   My centerpiece was an old silver faux feather tree that I sprayed with snow flocking, I decorated it with White House Christmas ornaments that I've collected over the years.


A large cross stitched Santa held court on the table but was removed for the luncheon.


The take home gift at each place setting was a vase of Paper Whites.  I picked up some vases at the Dollar Store and planted one single Paper White bulb in each vase about a week before the luncheon, they opened the day before the luncheon.  I did spray the bottom of each vase with faux snow but after I took these pictures and I forgot to take another picture.

Merry Christmas from Grace & Favor

Joining
WOW Us Wednesday
Tablescape Thursday 

4 comments:

Designs on 47th Street said...

Char, you never cease to inspire me. Beautiful table as always. I would love to sit at your table one of these days. ;)

I bet your guests enjoyed every bit of these luncheon, food AND decor. How fun it would be to see your White House ornaments.

NanaDiana said...

Miss Char~ What a wonderful luncheon with friends. I am just like you- I over think and over serve. You got it just right this time. You need to do some close ups of your White House ornaments for us- xo Diana

Paula@SweetPea said...

Your table look gorgeous and your menu sounds so good. I love the tree on your table and the idea of a paper white as a favor for each guest.

Pat said...

Miss Char,
Absolutely exquisite, dear friend!!!
I love the china and the silver!!!
Elegant, festive. . .softly speaks Christmas Tea!!!
I know your guests enjoyed every minute of their luncheon. . .especially the extra time of your presence!!!
Lovely idea for favors. . .paperwhites!
Fondly,
Pat