Grace & Favor – A Life Worth Living

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Tablescape

We aren't hosting Christmas dinner this year so I just did a little add and take away on my Thanksgiving table and I've enjoyed the "not so Christmas" table.  This table will be used after the holiday for a small dinner and all I'll need to do a remove the Christmas ornament place card holders and it will look great with a white background of snow outside the window.


I changed out the charger from a gold to garnet and added a cardinal salad plate.  A touch of garnet on the glassware and a place card holder also in a garnet red is all this table needed.  You can see how to make the place card holders here, these are so simple and go together in a matter of minutes.

I kept the bay leaf centerpiece and it looks just as good for Christmas as it did for Thanksgiving. 


I made a bay leaf wreath for the back of each chair, same process as the little boxwood wreaths
 I made here. I picked up bags of bay leaves at Penzy, this is a super simple project and smells good as a bonus.



A large glass candle holder filled with Paperwhites that grow taller every day and an organic element. 


4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Miss Char, It looks beautiful and will take you right into the winter season perfectly. I LOVE those cardinal plates and your garnet chargers look great. xo Diana

Lori said...

The bay leaves remind me of our Southern Magnolia leaves. Love the paper white on the table too! Came over from Savvy party.

Pat said...

Miss Char,
Simply elegant, dear friend!!!
My kind of Christmas decorating for the 2014 Christmas Season!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Candy S said...

The cardinal plates are perfect for Christmas and all winter long. Your tablescape looks lovely with the pretty chargers and the greenery. Have a wonderful holiday..... Candy