Grace & Favor – A Life Worth Living

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Mantel




I've had a pair of windows in the basement for several years and never used them for anything...until this Christmas.  I decided to bring one up and use it as the centerpiece of this years mantel.  I'm not always a symmetrical person but for some reason this years mantel came out that way.  The candles are all on timers, an incident at Christmas a few years back taught me that I can not be trusted with "real" candles in the house.



This is a closeup of the left side of the mantel.  Both of the containers were picked up at GW for nearly nothing.  The one to the far left has deer heads on the side and I believe it came from Pottery Barn.  
 

The right side of the mantel has an old ice bucket that someone painted white.  I placed amaryllis  on each side of window, the one on the left has bloomed but this one grew taller but never got a bloom.  The lettering of  "Let It Snow" was made on my Cricut and the photo of the snow bike is a canvas I had made last year.  I just used velcro to attach it to the window.

Merry Christmas Everyone.
Joining
The Scoop with StoneGable
WOW Us Wednesday 

No comments: