Grace & Favor – A Life Worth Living

Saturday, January 07, 2012

The Christmas Clock

I had a wonderful Christmas this year; our whole family was together including our daughter in law's parents and her siblings who have become our extended family. Coming from a very small family myself I always enjoy large gatherings for any occasion and Christmas is so special where you have so many to share it with.  We all opened our gifts together this year so you can imagine the chaos of two families of gift givers handing out and receiving packages at the same time; it was a bit confusing to keep track of everyone's treasures with wrapping paper flying everywhere.  At one point I saw a very large clock coming down the stairs and my son's mother in law Kathy helping get it to the landing. I thought that Dustin and Katie (my son and daughter in law) had given Kathy this beautiful piece that we had both admired when we were shopping together a couple of months ago.  I then realized after a couple of seconds of clock gift envy that being the generous people they are, Kathy and Jim had gotten the clock for me.

The clock now hangings on the lower steps of our staircase to the second floor. I thought it would be going on the upper stair wall but I finally settled on the lower one right under a shelf.  It will make it easy to change the battery and the time when necessary and it just seemed to "fit" there.  As you have come to expect my photography skills have not improved and these shots were exceptionally hard to get because of the angle and the glare from the big windows on the second story.  You'll just have to take my word for it that this pieces looks beyond fabulous in its new home.





This is a large piece and it was hard to try and get a picture that hinted at the actual size, it stands 4' tall and 2 1/2' wide.  Our entry is open to the second floor when you come in the front door so it really does take larger pieces to make a statement there.  I think my new clock fits the criteria to perfection.

12 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

It's beautiful, Char! No wonder you love it! I hope your 1012 is off to a great start! Happy Saturday...hugs...Debbie

Dawn said...

Wow that is a huge clock. I love it. The patina green color is stunning. I would love to see more of the space with the clock in it.

Michelle said...

Beautiful!!! Your big, family Christmas sounds wonderful. So glad you had everyone there to share it with. Happy New Year!!!

Debbie said...

I really love it. My sister and I were recently discussing our desire to find a wonderful clock for our homes. All I have are functional ones, not pretty at all.

Clearly, they are special people. You're so blessed to have added them to your family.

And I have the SAME problems with photography indoors. It's worse in the winter. UGH.

Paula@SweetPea said...

You found the perfect spot for your new clock. I know you were jumping with joy when you realized this was for you!

Tricia said...

What a wonderful surprise to receive the clock you'd admired! Looks as if you found the perfect spot for it. So glad you had a wonderful family Christmas!

On Crooked Creek said...

Miss Char,
This is an amazing clock!!! What a lovely gift! Enjoy your newest addition to your home decor...time to go!
Fondly,
Pat

Rebecca said...

The clock is beautiful Char. I love it and I know it looks great in that space.

So glad you had such a nice Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Oh! It's so pretty and what a surprise. You are so blessed! That light fixture is wonderful, too! BTW....I wanted to invite you to stop by my blog. We are having an "impossibility" challenge for 2012!

K&B by the Sea said...

That is a great clock, and such a thoughtful gift :-) And wow, 4 feet tall?! That's huge!

Enjoy your new clock, and Happy 2012 :-)

Nancy said...

That is some clock. I love it. It looks perfect for the large spot. Aren't you lucky? Nancy

southerninspiration said...

I LOVE it, Char! it's perfect for that spot!