Grace & Favor – A Life Worth Living

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pinecone Cheese Ball

This is a super simple go to appetizer for this time of year.  Its a pretty presentation and tasty too with just a few ingredients.  I got it from a magazine many years ago, I think possibly Southern Living. The prep time is less than 20 minutes.


Tonight when I take this to our friends house for a Christmas Eve party the tray will be covered with crackers to spread the dip on.  The presentation on this particular cheese ball is always well received.
Pinecone Cheese Ball
1 8oz. container of Philadelphia Cream Cheese Garden Vegetable
1 8oz. container of Philadelphia Cream Cheese Roasted Garlic
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 green onions finely chopped
2 cups toasted pecan halves
Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish (you can also use a little evergreen from the yard if you prefer)

You can change up the flavors of cream cheese, for this cheese ball I used the garden vegetable and then changed the roasted garlic for pineapple cream cheese to give a different twist on this old standby tonight.

So if you're looking for something different to take to a gathering sometime this week I can tell you this one will be well received.

Joining

Merry Christmas

10 comments:

Dawn said...

Char, that is so cute and to pretty to eat. Merry Christmas!!

NanaDiana said...

I love it! And would want to cry when the first person wrecked my "design"!;>) Merry Christmas- Diana

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Wow...so easy and so cute! thanks for sharing this wonderful masterpiece. Merry christmas

Anonymous said...

That is such a pretty presentation and so easy to make! Thanks for sharing!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous~ I would hesitate cutting into it to spread that luscious cheese! LOL But I am definitely trying this! Happy New Year wishes to you. ~ Sue

Debbie said...

I am pinning this!! This looks easy, delicious, and impressive all in one.

Michelle said...

Looks yummy and so festive! You always have the best ideas!

BTW, thank you for stopping by and leaving some kind words for my little man. You just don't know how much they mean!!!

Elegant Economies said...

Pretty and tasty! New follower.
Audrey

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
This looks so yummy wish I had come over to this post before!! this would had been great for the past Holidays sweet lady. Maybe for next year !! Thanks for sharing this with us.

I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my Tablescape for New Years Eve dinner party.
I hope you have a wonderful 2012 New Year with your family.
XXOO Diane

Designs on 47th Street said...

Char, how did I not see this post? I love this. I think I made this a couple of years back after I saw one you had made.