Grace & Favor – A Life Worth Living

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thanksgiving Table


This table is set in the bay window of our living room.  As you will see winter came early here in Michigan and dumped two feet of snow on our little town.  It is expected to warm over the weekend and hopefully the bulk of the snow will be gone by Thanksgiving so travel should be clear for those who travel to be with family.  I used an old bay leaf wreath, bay leaf project that was in the kitchen and decided that bay leaves and pears would be my theme for this table.


I elevated the centerpiece on a beautiful square cake plate which I picked up at GW.   It has the same beaded edging as my basic white plates.


The turkey salad plates were a score from GW for $3.99 for a set of four. The beautiful gold tones went well with gold tone chargers and popped when layered with my white beaded plates.  They came in one of those cute round boxes that you see everywhere with salad/dessert plates in them.  When I turned the box over I saw the price tag from the Pottery Barn for $49.99.  That made for a happy dance all the way to the 
car. The silver is Maxfield from PB and my favorite set.  I tied linen napkins with twine and added a couple of bay leaves too.




I kept the accessories simple on this table, a white turkey covered bowl that will be filled with cranberry relish for the holiday and turkey salt and pepper shakers along with scattered bay leaves are what adorn this table.

Happy Thanksgiving from our table to yours.


Joining
Make It Pretty Monday
The Scoop/Stonegable
WOW Us Wednesday
Ivy & Elephants




4 comments:

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Your table looks lovely! Enjoy your holiday.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Very pretty Tksgiving setting. I specially love the turkey plates, you really scored big!
Happy Thanksging.
FABBY

Pat said...

Miss Char,
Absolutely exquisite Thanksgiving Table, dear friend!!!
That last photo with the snow takes my breath away!!!
Love the simplicity of your tablescape!
Fondly,
Pat

Debbie said...

Why oh why oh why didn't I see this before Thanksgiving? I was in need of a centerpiece for our "prethanksgiving" family dinner, and I never did like anything I did. I finally just got some fall flowers. I would have loved to have one like yours.