Grace & Favor – A Life Worth Living

Thursday, August 09, 2012

Picture from Mars?



Nope its not a picture beamed back to earth from Mars of it's landscape its a Michigan Dried Cherry and Pecan pancake from a local restaurant and its beyond yummy.

The first time I ever had breakfast at Real Foods I ordered this, the lady asked if I wanted a "short stack" and I said yes...what she didn't tell me was each pancake was the size of a dinner plate.  As you can see this one actually lops over the side of the plate, needless to say that 90% of that first stack ordered went to waste not because it wasn't delicious but because it was enormous.

I've since learned to order just one pancake and even at that there were three of us enjoying this one today and I still left some of it on the plate.

If you're looking for a way to "special" up your Sunday morning pancakes give this dried cherry and pecan combination a try, you won't be disappointed.

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

OH MY GOODNESS~ That looks delicious- I haven't had a pancake in a long time- xo Diana

Paula@SweetPea said...

This looks delicious!

I've learned to ask how big the pancakes are in a restaurant as the size seems to vary, particularly from state to state. The largest ones I've encountered were in Madison, WI.

Dawn said...

It sounds yummy, and I can't believe the size. The whole family can eat of one pancake. LOL
Off to the US12 garage sales today, bet I'm gonna get wet:)

On Crooked Creek said...

Miss Char,
YuM!!! I L O V E pancakes...unfortunately, I'm the only one in my family who does! I order pancakes out and always ask the size. I'm amazed at the huge portions and the amount of waste. Many times I ask for luncheon portions or child ~size for adult price. Most are still way to much food!!! Your pancake is making me drool!!! Have a wonderful weekend upcoming, dear friend!
Fondly,
Pat