Grace & Favor – A Life Worth Living

Monday, July 02, 2012

You may want to file this one away until the weather breaks but keep it in mind as its fun and yummy to make.  I found this on Pinterest and its like eating potato chips...you can't stop at just one loaf.  Here is the link Crusty Peasant Bread or you can link up to my Pinterest on the right and go to baking to find the recipe and tons of comments and questions regarding this bread.  I guess from what I've read its origin is from the New York Times many many moons ago.

Pulling it together takes all of 2 minutes...no really just 2 minutes as there are only three ingredients.  You let it sit on the counter to proof for 12 to 18 hours whatever is convenient for you I guess there doesn't seem to be a way to mess this up actually and this is the results


Obviously this isn't a structured bread but it is simple and delicious.  As you read the recipe and comments you will see all the "add on" you can combine with the basic recipe.  This particular round that I took out of the oven earlier this morning is a golden raisin and slivered almond combination.  After reading others suggestions it appears the combinations are endless. 

As a side note, I didn't have the type of pan that was suggested but I used my All Clad 5 qt. sauce pan with the lid and it worked perfect.  I have no idea why it doesn't stick to the bottom a so many people asked but it doesn't.

3 comments:

On Crooked Creek said...

Miss Char,
I never had good luck with yeast breads when we were first married, so I've only made "quick" breads for the past 43 years. This sounds way too easy; however once the "heat wave" is over...I just might get up the courage to give it a try! Thanks for sharing!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Dawn said...

I make this and love it. Every time I do several friends ask for a loaf. Yours looks delicious:)

Carole said...

You are inspiring me to have a go.

I found you via On the Menu Monday from Stone Gable
I have linked up a simple little cheese and cracker plate
Have a lovely week.