Grace & Favor – A Life Worth Living

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Little Witch Humor

If you are a TJ MAXX stalker (I'm there at least once a week) or lucky enough to have a Home Goods near you I'm sure you will have undoubtedly seen the different takes on "The Witch Is In".  There hanging silhouettes of witches on their brooms with the words "The Witch Is In" painted on them,  the same type of silhouettes carved into faux pumpkins, etc., you get the idea.

I love the saying, the humor did not escape me on this one but since I'm really not big into Halloween decorations I decided to try a more subtle version of this little saying to frame and tuck into a couple of vignettes around the house.  Its funny how someone will walk by and notice the little framed print among all the other clutter and giggle at the reference. 

I printed mine on a parchment type paper to add some "age" to the prints, I did two to a page and they fit beautifully into a 5X7 frame, you could embelish your prints with more detail if you like, I just went for simplicity.  I picked up cheapo frames at the dollar store and they look great for this particular little project.

I copied the graphic from The Graphics Fairy who has some wonderful graphics that she shares.

This pictured I borrowed from a friend who I sent a copy of "The Witch".  She used it for her very first tablescape. http://lifeatnumber17.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Paula@SweetPea said...

Your witch is adorable! I'm more into fall than Halloween, but I like to add a few cute Halloween touches like this.

Savannah Granny said...

Neat project. Perfect execution. Hugs, Ginger