Grace & Favor – A Life Worth Living

Sunday, July 31, 2011

If You've Got The Money Honey

Even with temperatures in the 90's for I've lot count as to how many days I decided to head to the monthly antique fair about an hour from my home.  I knew it would be a short day as us Yankees can only handle so much of the heat but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do when it comes to treasures.

Years ago I had a booth at this summer antique fair, actually for several years.  It always seemed to be either freezing or oppressively hot.  Today was brutal and I was glad I was only shopping and not setting up a booth.

I didn't buy much, a bag of antique buttons and a flour sack but it was fun and I'll go back in September when the weather cools and maybe do a little serious shopping.
 
I thought I'd share a few pictures of today's market, it was not crowded at all which I credit the heat for.  The photos are just snap shots as I didn't have the energy to move stuff to get clear shots.

I think in the heat this guy lost his way


The Junk Gypsy's in their Pink Trailer

Weird furniture of the day, I'm not going to say anything more

I have no idea who this lady is but I loved her outlook on life

What would life be without Elephant Ears

I loved this desk and the beautiful legs, sorry about the sofa in the background but I certainly wasn't going to move it

I think the turkey was running from the gator 

I've always wanted one of these and this guy was a nice size, just too hot to pick him to a lug him to the car 

Only in America can we take healthy food and fry it!  My friends and I had fried pickles a couple of months ago and they were really good

This lovely lady had a booth in the shade and really great pieces, again to hot to shop

OK, my favorite piece of the day, I just love this!  These guys had a wonderful whimsical booth called REBEL reclaimed

I won't be visiting in August, this one about did me in.  September will hopefully bring cooler temperatures and better prices.

8 comments:

southerninspiration said...

That looks a lot like Warrenton, or Canton, TX....looks like lots of fun, but NOT in the heat!

suzanne

Babs said...

I enjoyed your excursion to the antique fair, in spite of the heat. :) It looks like they had a wide variety of treasures there.
Babs

Paula@SweetPea said...

That chair made me laugh and I love the rack with the gloves tacked to it.

On Crooked Creek said...

Miss Char,
This heat must be getting to all of us...that weird chair...too darn funny, dear! Thanks for taking us along in the "heat" of the moment!
Fondly,
Pat

Marianne said...

Oh, it's out here also but it's great that you got to enjoy antique fair. Looks like they had some awesome treasures. I haven' been antiquing in some time and I really miss it. Oh, and that chair, priceless! Thanks so much for taking us on your antiquing tour!
Marianne :)

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Looks like some fun things at the sale. Love that desk!

Micupoftea said...

Thanks for taking me along on your browsing trip...loved the desk and the funny hook shelf! I have never heard of elephant ears....what is that? Potato skins? Seriously, I don't think I have ever seen this in CA. LOL!

Nancy said...

Fried pickles- love them! Fried zucchini is pretty good too! The rack with gloves ---- strange.