- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups dried cherries
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) chopped macadamia nuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, honey and vanilla. In another bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen. (copied from Taste of Home website)
This morning I decided to make a batch just using the semi sweet chips and they were great too, but personally I loved the tartness of the cherries.
I made each cookie just a two bite size using a scoop that I believe is a 1/3oz, a little smaller than a half a dollar coin. This recipe made 100 cookies and I did have to cut bake on the baking time to 8 minutes because of the mini size.
Most of these will be going to our local veterans home tomorrow for some of the guys to enjoy but I'll keep a few in the cookie jar too.