Grace & Favor – A Life Worth Living

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Cranberry Compote


 

I make this recipe each year for Thanksgiving and Christmas, its a wonderful recipe and so easy to make.  If you are not a lover of Cranberry sauce from a can give this a try.

1 20oz. can pineapple chunks or tidbits
2 cups sugar
4 cups fresh cranberries
1 cup golden raisins
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup pecans or walnuts

Drain the juice from the canned pineapple into a saucepan and set the pineapple aside.  Add sugar, cranberries, raisins, spices and salt to pineapple juice and bring to a boil.  Reduce to a simmer for 25 minutes until thick, stir occasionally during the process. Remove from heat and add pineapple and nuts.  This is wonderful served cold or warm, I sprinkle a few fresh pecans on top when I serve this dish. It will keep in the refrigerator for a long time.


I'm using a wreath I made click here that I posted last month from leftover holiday nuts.  It looks beautiful in a clear glass stemmed bowl as the color is very festive.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Pin It

5 comments:

Debbie said...

This is totally different than any recipe I have. We were just talking last Sunday about how we wanted to find some new cranberry recipes, and then... Voila! I pinned this to try. Thanks!

NanaDiana said...

That sounds just wonderful, Miss Char. I have never seen a recipe like it anywhere- Happy Thanksgiving to you- xo Diana

On Crooked Creek said...

Miss Char,
Happy Thanksgiving, dear friend!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

This looks perfect! Every year my cranberry sauce fails to set up. I think I may just give this a whirl. Thanks for the recipe! If I make it, I'll let you know how it turns out. :) Wish me luck!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Miss Char, This sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us. Happy Holidays!