Grace & Favor – A Life Worth Living

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Good Friday

It was a Good Friday.  First stop was the Veterans Home to deliver several dozen Easter cookies.  Just in time....when I arrived there was a sign up in the coffee room indicating that there were no cookies today.  Can you imagine telling someone who put their life on the line for our freedom that there isn't a cookie?

 Here are a few of the vets and visitors preparing for the Good Friday Service at the Veterans Home.
The Vet Tones in the center of the picture in red vests were the choir for the service.

Lonnie was the first in line as we got the cookies ready for the guys. Bless his heart he had a black eye and a big gash on his head where he had taken a bad tumble.
There were five/six dozen cookies when we started and all were gone quickly as the word went out that there were cookies after all.

These carrot cookies were pretty large, about 12 inches.

The Easter egg cookies were in abundance.


 The finished cookies went pretty quickly and I forgot to get a finish picture of 
each of the different types so this is all I have. 

I hope your Good Friday was as inspiring as mine was.

6 comments:

Donnie said...

What a sweet gesture. Those cookies were really pretty and I loved the smiles on their faces. Happy Easter.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Char, What a special lady you are! This touched my heart because my dad is a veteran and he has not been well lately. Should he end up somewhere like this I hope there will be someone with a kind heart like yours to brighten his day.
Hugs,
Sherry

southerninspiration said...

Char, those are adorable!!! and who wouldn't enjoy a 12" cookie!?!? I know they loved and appreciated you showing up with them!!
What a special friend you are for them!!
Suzanne

Paula@SweetPea said...

Wow! Those are some cookies! I'm sure you made the day for those guys when you showed up with the cookies!

Enjoy your Easter!

On Crooked Creek said...

Char,
I adore the photos of our Vets and your committment to make their Easter blessed, indeed! I'm sure the pictures of their happy faces will remain in your heart long after the cookies are gone! Thank you for sharing your talents and your love with them. May your kindness return to you a hundered fold!
Fondly,
Pat

Sue said...

I think this was a fantastic thing to do for those veterans!! They deserved this and much more. This brought tears to my eyes! ~ Sue