Grace & Favor – A Life Worth Living

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Headband that never was...

I wear headbands a lot and I'am always on the lookout for something different.  I've started making my own recently and when I came across this old bow tie in an antique store I thought it would make a great bow on a black headband.


The back was hand stitched in black thread, I'm not sure if someone had
handmade this clip on tie or not.

I made a small slit on each side of the fabric back to remove the clip
Could this be any simpler?  I think not.
Several dabs of fabric glue was all I need to secure the tie to the head band.
While the glue dried I used two clip on clothes pins to secure the tie to the head band, I also used a twist tie in the middle just to make sure that the tie 
 
 this is the last picture....why you ask? Where is the finished product?





My new puppy Izzy thinks that anything on the kitchen counter must be something great to eat so before she realized that this wasn't a slab of some delicious meat she had destroyed the tie and the headband. 
Now this certainly isn't the biggest or most dramatic metamorphosis that Susan will have today but I doubt there is anyone else who can say "my dog ate my entry".

Please join Izzy and me at Metamorphosis Monday
and DIY Monday

10 comments:

Paula@SweetPea said...

Oh no! I guess Izzy thought that you should have used the bow for a collar embellishment instead of a headband!

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Oh, Izzy! Izzy qualifies for the cutest post though! :)

Donnie said...

You are too cute and blaming poor Izzy was shameless...lol...

K&B by the Sea said...

My MM entry was chewed by dogs, but I'm sure you really are the only one whose entry was eaten by a dog!

I can SO relate to things disappearing off the kitchen counter - that's life with a Lab *Sigh*

I'm sorry your headband became lunch for Izzy - it was looking really cute!

Debbie said...

HAHAHA! That was totally unexpected and fun. I did love the way it was looking before it became a Kibble n Bit.

Judy @ In His Grip said...

Oh so sorry that you don't even get to enjoy what you made. Thanks for stopping by In His Grip.

Rachel said...

Thank you for the lovely comment! And a very simple project indeed! Sometimes I wish I weren't the only female in the house to be able to make these kind of hair bow projects!!!

Unknown said...

That's the best you could come up with? The dog ate it? Bwaaa Haaaaa. Apparently, Izzy is a fashionista! Get that girl some bows of her own.

Designs on 47th Street said...

Oh Char ~~ I wonder if Paula is right? :) This really made me sort of sad because that would have been a DARLING headband...really cute bowtie. I love the idea. You'll just have to go out searching for another.

Donna

Anonymous said...

Char, I think you are beginning to solve the mystery of how Izzy came to live with you!!

That was a cute headband - too bad.

Lorrie