And so it began, a very easy remake, I'm not an upholstery by any means so I took the easiest route possible.
I started by centering a square of fabric over the top of the ottoman with the pattern I wanted centered. I used an electric stapler to secure the fabric around the base of the upholstered part of the ottoman making a pleat at each corner.
Next I cut a large strip of the fabric that was the circumference of the ottoman plus 1/4 the distance again. I lined this piece and hemmed it to the correct floor length. I sewed this into a large circle, the finished seam was placed in one of the corner pleats so it really isn't noticeable.
Since I was in no mood to do any actual upholstery I folded under the raw edge, making equal pleats on each corner and then again attached with the staple gun.
I finish the piece with a length of upholstery trim. All in all this project took less than an hour or so.