Grace & Favor – A Life Worth Living

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Flameless Candles

I love flameless candles, after a few close calls in forgetting to extinguish candles I have pretty much switched to the flameless for a more safe style of ambiance.  I've gotten some form QVC, Costco and Pottery Barn. I honestly have never had any luck with the ones at TJ's and Marshalls, they seem to either be broken when I've opened the package or stopped working shortly there after.  Anyway....I can't tell you how much I love pulling into the driveway at night and seeing the house alive with flickering candles.  It sure is a great way cozy up your home, especially with night coming so early during the winter months. The automatic feature is the best, just turn the candles on at the time you want them to come on each night, you only need to do this once and every night they will come on the same time and shut themselves off five hours later.  I did see that they now have remote control ones too.  Right now Costco has a three pack of 6 inch candles for $20. 

In the Christmas catalog for Pottery Barn they showed how the designer had wrapped the candles  with what appears to be sheet music they were using real candles which in our house is just asking for trouble.

 They looked great and so easy to replicate, I think I would love the look with velum printed sheet music but in the mean time I stopped at Hobby Lobby and picked up some of their craft paper with sheet music printed on it.  This is the picture from the PB catalog, I love the whole mantel.

I can also see the same idea being perfect with just about any type of beautiful papers. Obviously the candles in the PB picture are real but again.....with my track record of setting things ablaze with real candles I'm sticking with flameless.  They even come in tapers now which seems to be where most of my pyrotechnics have come from. I also have a very nice pair of sconces that are flameless from QVC. 

So my friends if you haven't tried one of these little gems I encourage you to give one or several a try.  They really are beautiful and a huge safety feature in your home.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was watching a promo on QVC about flameless candles and almost ordered some. I hadn't thought about being able to use an "auto" feature and having them on every night. Ahhhh....so relaxing. Now I may need to look into these.

Designs on 47th Street said...

Char I love these candles too. The auto feature would be great! I have some that I can operate with a remote which is really handy, but I love the auto idea too. Love the sheet music look. I saw that around blogland during Christmas. Makes me want to give it a try. Fun look!

Donna

Donnie said...

We live in only 360 sq ft so there is no way I want any flame around especially having grandchildren. My brother gave me 6 of them for our front windows and I really love them.

Cathy said...

I love my flameless candles and would like them more if they were on an auto timer. I bought mine from QVC before the timed feature. Char, I've see the sconces on the Q and thought they were pretty. Good to know that you like them.