Well sadly most of the pictures of this project that documented it's metamorphosis were lost when my computer crashed but I do have these two....one with the project in process and the other the finished project.
I had this dead space at the back of our living room that I could never seem to get furniture placement correct in. After years of shoving every piece of furniture imaginable around to try and make this area "work" I decided it was time to do a built in. The cabinets are stock kitchen cabinets that I picked up at a big box store and with a little ingenuity I got them to fit the two walls between the double windows to perfection. I just built the shelving units on top of each of the base cabinets with MDF and painted everything a soft white. I love having the extra storage so close to our dining area. The cabinets under the window seat have ample storage for my silver and some of my glassware. The window seat also gives us extra seating when we have more guests than can be accommodated at our dining table. The ceiling beam looks like it's right against the built in because of the angle I took the photo from, its actually about four feet in from the shelving. All in all this was probably one of the most practical building projects I've ever done, I think the cost for everything involved came to about $300.
Please ignore the furniture piled up in the foreground.