Grace & Favor – A Life Worth Living

Friday, November 12, 2010

Tea at the Palmer House


Ah, the beautiful Palmer House Hotel in Chicago, who wouldn't want to stop of a spot of tea and those cute little finger sandwiches?

Well our grand puppy Eli was a guest at the Doggie Tea at the Palmer House this summer to raise funds for animal cruelty.  As I said last week we are a family who spoils our pups but Eli who is a city dog does seem to have the corner on the market of fancy affairs for our family.

Our daughter Kim and Eli had a wonderful time at the luncheon along with all the other pups who attended

Eli being a short little Puggle ate his lunch from the top of the table.  Can you imagine being a guest at the Palmer and walking buy this room filled with dogs eating off the table? I think I'd had to go to the front desk for an explanation.


My reason for posting is not to feature our little Eli, although he is just as cute as a button but to remind everyone that although our pets are precious to us there are many animals out there who need our help.  If you have a moment to give some thought to all those animals who need our help and if you can donate either time or money to help prevent animal cruelly millions of animals would be grateful.


4 comments:

Cathy said...

What fun! Kim is a beautiful woman.

Designs on 47th Street said...

This just makes me smile! I love that picture of Kim. So pretty. I have never been into the Palmer Hotel!

Donna

Paula@SweetPea said...

Kim is gorgeous! I loved the picture of Eli on the table eating. He is definitely a pampered pooch. Dave stayed at the Palmer Hotel a few years ago and loved it. One of these days I'd like to stay there or at least see it.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

I can just imagine what the guest thought of all these dogs in the hotel. What a wonderful fund raiser for our precious animals.
Hugs, Sherry